Touch-A-Life Foundation Celebrates World Kindness Day 2020
Virtual event explores current world issues and how they can be healed with kindness and giving
November 13 2020 — Cupertino, Calif. — Touch-A-Life Foundation, a non-profit organization to support the needy and underprivileged, today celebrates World Kindness Day with a day-long event featuring inspiring keynote panels and discussions, entertainment, and live performances advocating kindness and giving.
When: November 13, 2020
Traditionally, the Touch-A-Life Foundation has held annual fundraising events for bay area families, honoring local heroes who are making a difference in the community. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, this year’s event takes place virtually today, during World Kindness Day. Panels and speakers include:
- TALScouts: Building the next generation of student volunteers—youths making an impact on their community. Featuring speakers K.I. Varaprasad Reddy, Chairman of Shanta Biotechnics, Ravi Puli, Founder, President & CEO of International Solutions Group (ISG), Pradeep Kondiparthi, Sr. Actor, Writer and Anchor, Valoree Sherwood, TALScouts Lead-Texas at TAL, Mohit Kumar, Tornala Technology Lead Fiserv
- The Future of Giving: How Nonprofits can Leverage Digital Technology for their fundraisers and connect to donors & donees virtually. Featuring speakers Tej Gundavelli, Founder & CEO of TAL, Anil Kumar M, Product Marketing at TAL, Venkat Ram, Chief Engineer TALGiving at TAL, and Alie Garry, Marketing at TAL
- Solving the Digital Divide: Using social crowdfunding platforms to help facilitate giving and kindness. Featuring speakers Tej Gundavelli, Founder & CEO at TAL, Mark Harding, CTO at Minds, Moses Kusasira CEO & Co-founder of Social Media Gateways, Inc., and Anu Shukla, Program Manager, Global Digital Finance Transformation at Chevron.
- Harness the Power of Career Mentoring: Empowerment is in self-determination. How can you improve your chances and opportunities? Featuring speakers Roopa Sunku Sr.Director, HCM Fusion Development at Oracle, Brett Tearney, VP Product Strategy at Oracle, Manuel G. Serapio, Director MBA Program at UC Denver, and Shekhar Prabhakar, Co-Founder & CEO at Hasiru Dala.
- The Impact of Global Crisis on Food Insecurity. Featuring speakers Raj Asava, Co-Founder at HungerMitao, Aradhana “Anna” Asava, Co-Founder at HungerMitao, Ben Collier, Co-Founder of The FarmLink Project, and James Kanoff, Co-Founder of The FarmLink Project
- Ways to Inspire Kindness. Featuring speakers Kiran Prabha, Author & TALRadio Host, Sai Madhav Burra, Lakshmi Bhupal, and Balabhadrapatruni Ramani.
- Women Empowerment and Impact on Society. Featuring speakers Sunitha Upadrasta, Playback Singer, Veena Gundavelli, Founder & CEO of Emagia Corporation, Sailaja Kiran, M.D. Margadarsi Chit Fund LtdRamoji Group, and Ramadevi Kanneganti, Founder & President Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of India.
- CSR in the New Era. Featuring speakers Priyanka Chaudhari, Product Marketing at TAL, Alakh Verma, CEO of Centrique Inc., Missy Kraut, Senior Instructor University of Colorado Denver Business School, Joanne Walters, Director of Human Resources, AAC, Author at LinkedIn, and Reza B’Far, Vice President of Development at Oracle.
- Empowering Women and Girls. Featuring speakers Veena Gundavelli, Founder & CEO of Emagia Corporation, Meghana Reddy, Rhythmic Gymnast, Vanita Patel, Board at Girls Inc., Mary Beth Riley, Head of School at Notre Dame High School, and Whitney Griffith, Software Engineer at Microsoft / Founder at ImpactWhit.
TAL World Kindness Day key speakers will include:
- Bill Ottman, CEO and Co-Founder of Minds, the open source free speech social network
- Michael Lloyd-White, CEO, World Kindness USA
- Michael Buckley, CEO & Co-Founder, Cadence, and event management platform
- Roger Royse, Partner at Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Minu Shukla, Founder, Sai Arts Studio
- Rafiq Dossani, Economist & Educationist, RAND Corporation
- DR. R.N. Singh, Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon & Consultant, Anup Institute of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation (AIOR)
- Prabhu Goel, Founder, Foundation for Excellence (FFE)
“This year has been a challenge for everyone. As an organization that works to promote kindness and giving back to our community, we have put together this event to help highlight the power of the human spirit and how in times of crisis we can come together to make the world better.” Tej Gundavelli, Founder & CEO, Touch-A-Life Foundation
Following keynote panels and discussion, an award ceremony will be held to honor TALHeroes: Ben Collier & James Kanoff, The FarmLink Project, Chris Funk, Superintendent, East Side Union High School District, Mary Beth Riley, Head of School, Notre Dame High School, Gaurav Khanna, Indian coach for Para Badminton Team, Chinmayi Sripada, versatile singer and social activist, and Vijay Ram, Environmentalist, Founder of ‘Society for awareness and Vision on Environment’ Organization.
Special Performances by: K.S. Chithra, Manasa, and students from Antarjyoti Balika Vidyalay Bihar, Patna, India.
Register and join in the celebration now by clicking here, and follow Touch-A-Life Foundation on social media @TALGiving for bonus content celebrating World Kindness Day.
About Touch-A-Life Foundation
The Touch-A-Life Foundation is a non-profit organization (please view IRS approved exemption document 501(c)(3)), founded in 2012, to support the needy. We are built on the principle that helping others is good for the society. Our mission is to create one-to-one connections between donors and recipients, matching them based on needs. By utilizing technologies such as blockchain, social media networks, cloud, and mobile applications we are bridging the gap between those looking to make a difference and those with need of assistance.
PulpPR for Solix